Good to know!
What is the best way to get to Winter Glow? What are the safety measures in place? A list of all the practical information!
Enjoy Winter Glow safely and respect the following measures:
- The maximum outdoor group size is four people. Remember to maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from other people.
- Keep your face mask on.
- Stick to the midnight curfew.
We look forward to giving you a warm welcome! Please see our COVID-19 update for the latest updates and guidelines.
You can easily travel to Winter Glow by car, train, bus or bicycle. Check our Accessibility page for all access information.
At busy times please use the amended route. Directions are as follows:
- Vismarkt: one-way route from Vismarkt to Burg. Follow the diversion via Hoogstraat-Meestraat or Breidelstraat to walk from Burg to Vismarkt . (View detailed map)
- Gruuthuse courtyard: enter via the new pavilion at the side of the Onze Lieve Vrouw church, exit at the side of the Dijver. The Arentshof is closed. (View detailed map)
- Oud Sint-Jan: enter only via Mariastraat. Exits via Zonnekemeers, Oostmeers and Goezeputstraat. (View detailed map)
- Poertoren: one-way traffic from the station to Poertoren. When coming from the Wijngaardplein you will be directed to Poertoren via Oostmeers and Prof. Dokter J. Sebrechtsstraat. (View detailed map)
The local police and the organisers are constantly in contact. Where necessary certain sets of lights will be switched off. There will also be additional stewards around the installations.
Winter Glow will continue up to Sunday 10 January 2021, so there's still plenty of time to enjoy the illuminations. And you don't need to follow the numbering, just start wherever you like.