Skip to main content
Kruispoort (Cross Gate)
Free Sights and buildings Bridges and water Outdoor

The first Kruispoort gate was built simultaneously with the second rampart (1297-1304) and already rebuilt in 1366. Philip van Artevelde destroyed the gate when he captured the city with the Ghent militia in 1382. The third gate was constructed in 1400. Only the two heavy towers with their narrow passage and two octagonal turrets were preserved. Holy Roman Emperor Charles V, Napoleon and the German army all entered Bruges through this gate.

Facilities

Other facilities

Child-friendly
Pets allowed
Baby carriages allowed
Groups admitted
Picnic allowed

Getting there

Langestraat 191, 8000 Brugge

Open in Google Maps

Nearest station:
Station Brugge

Nearest parking:
Langestraat car park

Kruispoort (Cross Gate)

Langestraat 191, 8000 Brugge

Often combined with

Organ recital on the occasion of Pentecost

Organ recital on the occasion of Pentecost

Free
Music
On the occasion of Pentecost, cathedral organist Ignace Michiels plays a short recital at 11am after the solemn Eucharist.
Read more