Skip to main content
Ezelpoort (Donkey's Gate)
Free Sights and buildings Bridges and water Outdoor

The Ezelpoort was built during the construction of the second ring of ramparts in 1297. It was rebuilt in 1369 to a new design by Jan Slabbaerd and Mathias Saghen, who were also responsible for the construction of the Boeveriepoort and the Smedenpoort. Various alterations were carried out between the 14th and 17th centuries. The lower section of the brick gate is authentic, but the old medieval gate was much higher. The original appearance of the gate was significantly altered in the 17th century, following the removal of the top part of the structure.

Facilities

Other facilities

Child-friendly
Pets allowed
Baby carriages allowed
Picnic allowed

Getting there

Ezelstraat 122, 8000 Brugge

Open in Google Maps

Nearest station:
Station Brugge Sint-Pieters

Ezelpoort (Donkey's Gate)

Ezelstraat 122, 8000 Brugge

Often combined with

Duo-tentoonstelling torso art Paul Hofman en schilderijen Bart Ocket

Duo-tentoonstelling torso art Paul Hofman en schilderijen Bart Ocket

Free
Exhibition
Artist Paul Hofman from Ranst presents a fine selection of his torso and mannequin art at B-Art Gallery, along with the permanent exhibition...
Read more