The 'Princely Beguinage Ten Wijngaarde' with its white-coloured house fronts and tranquil convent garden was founded in 1245. This little piece of world heritage was once the home of the beguines, emancipated lay-women who nevertheless led a pious and celibate life. For centuries, the Bruges beguinage has been inhabited continuously. Today, some nuns from the Order of Saint Benedict live there, as well as single women from Bruges.
Please note: the opening hours for this day are subject to (possible) change.
Katelijne car park
Begijnhof 24-28-30, 8000 Brugge