Pieter Bladelin, treasurer of the order of the Golden Fleece, had this city palace built around 1440. Also in the 15th century, a branch of the Florentine Medici Bank was housed here. The stone medallion portraits of Lorenzo de' Medici and his wife, one of the first Renaissance artworks in Bruges, adorn the elegant courtyard. In the early 19th century, the Reverend Leon de Foere established his lace-making school here and added a Classicist chapel. In one of the halls, he also had 16th century paintings, replicas from the Stanze di Rafaello in the Vatican, hung, which can still be admired today.