Lady Chef of the year 2023
The time has come – the Lady Chef of the year 2023 election is about to start!
With Lien Vandeputte of Réliva, a Bruges chef is taking part this year.
A selection of 15 Belgian female chefs have a chance to win the 2023 Lady Chef of the year Award. A jury of 50 independent culinary experts compiled this list. Each chef has her own individuality and a distinct stamp on cuisine. In the end, only one can walk away with the prize; we will know the winner in October.
The official selection:
- Akiko Nagao, Kokuban – Brussels
- Alice Pollet, Brut en Ville – Brussels
- Aurélie Kluyskens, Umā – Brussels
- Daniëlla Verachtert, Napoleonshoeve – Wuustwezel
- Elien Verhulst, Vlass – Middelkerke
- Evelien Swiers, Jacqueline – Boechout
- Faty Khalis, Brousse – Hasselt
- Francesca Sterckx, Mistinguett – Aarschot
- Laurence Haegeman, De Vijf Seizoenen – Brakel
- Lien Vandeputte, Réliva – Bruges
- Manon Schenck, La Table de Manon – Durbuy
- Marie Marconi, Chabrol – Brussels
- Marie Trignon, La Roseraie – Modave
- Slava Tcherbak, Fleur de Sel – Comines
- Victor Avonds, Victor – Antwerp
Who will be the winner?
Lady Chef Academy voting will lead to a selection of 15 chefs and ultimately to 5 nominees. These 5 chefs will be put to the test during a real cook-off challenge in Bruges in late October. This will determine who gets to take home the Lady Chef of the year trophy. She may call herself Belgium's best female chef for a year.