Travelling to and from Belgium
- Tourist travel from the EU to Belgium is allowed. Tourist travel from outside the EU and Schengen zone to Belgium is forbidden, unless the countries are listed on the ‘European White List’.
Those travelling within the EU to Belgium must complete a Passenger Locator form (PLF) before arrival in the following cases: :
- Travel by plane or boat, regardless of the length of stay;
- Travel by train, bus, car, motorbike, bicycle or on foot, unless you are staying in Belgium for less than 48 hours.
Before leaving, consult the colour status of the zone from which you will depart. Those travelling to Belgium from a green or orange zone, are not required to take a test or go into quarantine. Those coming from a red zone and aged 12 or over are required to submit a PCR test that is less than 72 hours old. Those who can use a European COVID certificate to demonstrate that they have fully recovered from COVID-19 or have been fully vaccinated are exempt from this test and possible quarantine.
- The most recent information about travelling from Belgium to another country is easily found on the EU app Reopen Europe. Some countries ask returning travellers who have spent a certain time abroad to undergo a test before returning home. Travellers returning home to Belgium can take a test in the following transport hubs: Brussels Airport , Bruges-Ostend airport, Bruxelles Midi - Brussel Zuid (HST terminal) .
PCR-test: visitors staying in Bruges can have themselves tested (PCR test) in "Test and vaccination centre Bruges" in B-Park (Blankenbergsesteenweg 420, Bruges). Open from 9.00 to 12.30 and from 13.00 to 17.00, 7 days a week. This is only possible if you apply for a CTPC code (covid test prescription code) in advance via Mijngezondheid.belgie.be. A PCR-travel test costs 55€ and can be paid on the spot in the test centre. You will receive your test result within 24 hours.
Antigen test: an antigen test can be taken at the following pharmacies. Price: from € 26.7 (variable). You will receive the test result within 2 to 4 hours.
- The test result can be retrieved in the app CovidSafeBE in the form of an encrypted QR-code (the European Corona Certificate). For this you need your CTCP code and phone number. An ID is not required.