Coronavirus / COVID-19 update
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory in all public buildings and in the busiest area and shopping streets of the city (24h/24) (station surroundings: from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.). There is a curfew between midnight and 5AM.
- All forms of accommodation, with the exception of campsites, may remain open to the exclusion of their restaurant, bar and other common facilities. Breakfast and guest meals can only be consumed in the room. Campsites are generally closed, except for self-catering facilities (motor homes and caravans).
The shops are open. Shopping has to be done alone, unless you need help or assistance. Minors may be accompanied by one adult. You may be in a shop for a maximum of 30 minutes, unless you have an appointment. Wearing a face mask is mandatory in all shops and in the busiest area and shopping streets of the city (see plan for more details). At the beginning of the most important shopping streets you will have the possibility to disinfect your hands and buy a face mask.
- Restaurants and cafés are closed. Some restaurants offer (until 10 PM) meal delivery and take-away meals. You can find an overview here.
- The following museums and tourist attractions are open: Adornes, Arentshuis, Belfry Tower, Concertgebouw Circuit, Cozmix, Groeningemuseum, Gruuthusemuseum, Basilica of the Holy Blood, Museum-Gallery Xpo Salvador Dalí, O.L.V.-kerk Museum (Church of Our Lady) and Saint John’s Hospital. Opening periods and times may deviate from what is customary. To ensure a safe visit, specific regulations apply and the number of visitors is limited. Wearing a face mask is obligatory. Booking in advance guarantees your visit.
- The horse-drawn carriages, horsetram, bicycle carriages and sightseeing minivans don’t make tours. The tourist boats don’t make tours neither.
- Touristic tours with guides are not allowed.
- Theatres and cinemas in Bruges are closed.
- The taxis run without a limit on the number of passengers. Wearing a face mask is mandatory for both customer and driver.
- Public transport runs at normal frequency and with normal capacity. On trains, busses, trams and in the stations it is compulsory to wear a face mask.
- Public toilets are open at the Burg (Brugse Vrije) (9:30 – 17:30), Stadshallen (10:00 – 18:00), Simon Stevinsquare (Sat-Sun: 11:00 - 18:00), Gruuthusemuseum (9:30 – 0:00), 't Zand (9:30 – 18:00, as from 7 PM only accessible with your parking ticket), Biekorf (24/7) and Minnewaterpark (14:30 – 23:30).
- The tourist information office 't Zand (Concertgebouw) is open. The other tourist information offices are closed. Visit Bruges can be reached by telephone (7/7 from 10h-17h) +32(0)50/44.46.46 and by e-mail email@example.com.
- Events: No more events may take place since 29 October 2020.
The city communicates updates on a regular basis at https://www.visitbruges.be/en.