Coronavirus / COVID-19 update
Precautions are also being taken in Bruges to limit the spread of Coronavirus/COVID-19. This is an up-to-date overview for all visitors.
The situation is as follows until and including 19 April 2020:
- All tourist information offices are closed until further notice. The tourist office remains accessible by telephone (7/7 from 10.00-17.00) +32(0)50/44.46.46 and by e-mail email@example.com.
- All cafes, restaurants and discotheques are closed. Hotels remain open, except for their restaurant. Home delivery, take-away and drive-in are allowed.
- All cinema halls (Kinepolis, Lumière) are closed.
- All shops remain open during the week, but will close during the weekends. Food stores and pharmacies just stay open, also during the weekend.
- All sports and cultural activities are cancelled among others in Concertgebouw Brugge (Concert Hall) and Cultuurcentrum Brugge (cultural center).
- The municipal museums and a number of private museums close their doors to the public. Musea Brugge communicates via www.museabrugge.be
- Guided tours and Segway tours are not possible.
- The organisation of Sacred Books cancelled guided visits to the English Convent and the Friary of the Discalced Carmelites until Eastern Monday 13 April. More information on www.sacredbooksbruges.be
- Carriages, boattours, horsetrams, sightseeing busses are not allowed.
- The taxis will continue to drive, although limited to 6 people (including the driver). Bicycle taxi’s and carriages are not allowed.
- The public toilets remain open
-All recreational and tourist residences (holiday homes, B&Bs, campsites, etc.) with the exception of hotels are closed.
The city communicates about all measures taken on https://www.brugge.be/coronavirus. (in Dutch)
Additional useful information can be found on the site FPS Public Health with answers to frequently asked questions relating to health and prevention: www.info-coronavirus.be/en/