A visit to Bruges is not complete without a boat trip on the Bruges canals, the arteries of the city. Accompanied by swans floating alongside you on the water, you will discover Bruges from a surprising perspective, because some things you can only see from the water!
You can embark at one of the five landing stages in the heart of Bruges. For half an hour, the captain will take you on a tour of the most beautiful spots on the water between Jan van Eyck Square and the Beguinage. Along the way, you will be able to admire some of Bruges' highlights from a completely different angle and will be given an explanation of what you see. The languages in which explanations are given will depend on the nationalities of the passengers on board during your visit. All shipping companies follow the same route and have four non-covered boats (umbrellas are provided in case of rain) with a capacity of 35 to 40 people per boat. Did you know that in the next few years, the boats will gradually be replaced by more environmentally conscious, quiet-running electric boats?
Boat trips run from early March to mid-November. At other times, the shipping companies can decide for themselves whether to open or not. Reservations for individual visits are not possible. You simply buy your ticket on the spot from one of the shipping companies.
Boarding takes place at the following locations:
- Shipping company Venetië van het Noorden, Huidenvettersplein 13, tel. +32 50 33 00 41, email@example.com
- Shipping company Coudenys, Rozenhoedkaai, tel. +32 50 33 13 75, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shipping company De Meulemeester, Wollestraat 32, tel. +32 50 33 41 20, email@example.com
- Shipping company Gruuthuse, Nieuwstraat 11, tel. +32 50 33 32 93, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shipping company Stael, Katelijnestraat 4, tel. +32 50 3 327 71, email@example.com