Carrilon Major Seminary
When the Ten Duinen Abbey (now the Grootseminarie, or Major Seminary) was erected in 1628-1642, a carillon tower was built on the south-east corner of one of the wings that contained 26 bells. The bells were cast in 1637 by the bell-caster Joachim Blanpain. Part of it can still be seen today, as can the oldest one-piece automated playing mechanism in the Low Lands. As a homage to this legacy, the automatic chimes of 15 bells. It is a piece of heritage that still requires restoration.