Corona measures Zeebrugge
Zeebrugge´s beach is ´open´ once again for beachgoers and cabin holders, but …. safety first!
A day on the beach in Zeebrugge? Great idea! But keep it safe and respect the measures that the City has adopted in the fight against the coronavirus:
- It´s okay to sunbathe and play on the broad beach, or dip your toe in the water. But do so only together with the people you live with under the same roof, or who belong to your "bubble".
- Wearing a face mask is obligatory on the Zeedijk.
- You must maintain the necessary distance everywhere on the beach. Use of the beach and beach cabins is allowed under specific conditions. The beach cabin may only be used by people who live together under the same roof or who form a social bubble in accordance with the description and numbers defined by the National Security Council.
A beach screen always has to be installed between two cabins, with a minimum height of one metre and a minimum length of two metres. Beach screens are available in our information office in the Bathing Building. The social distancing rules must always be complied with both around the beach cabins and on the beach.
The beach is subdivided into several zones. The accesses are indicated with numbers. Several zones are only accessible for specific users. The Surf Club and the Banana Moon Beach Club have their own entrance, which is reserved for customers. Separate entrances are also provided for the free beach, the sports beach and the Bathing Building, clearly marked out with signposts and sand catchers.
Free beach zone
- Accesses via stairways 1, 2, 3, 11 and 12 + inclined surface 10
- Access is free for all beachgoers
Beach cabins zone
- Accesses via stairways 4, 5, 7 and 9
- The zone is only accessible for cabin holders and users
Banana Moon zone
- Access via stairway 6
- The zone is only accessible for Banana Moon visitors and personnel
Surf Club zone
- Access via stairway 13
- The zone is only accessible for Surf Club visitors and personnel
Sports beach and Bathing Building zone
- Access via stairway 8
- The zone is only accessible for visitors, personnel and users of the sports beach and the Bathing Building
- This summer the city council is providing for extra parking possibilities in Zeebrugge at the busiest moments. After you´ve dropped off your family in the kiss & ride zone in the beach district, you can park the car on the Westerdam or on the Knapen site. Follow the local indications.
- For bathroom stops, the City is providing extra toilets on the Seawall.
- Just like every summer, the local police will be keeping an eye on things. Do you have a question for them? Drop by the temporary reporting office set up in the beach district.