City Film Office Bruges
The Bruges City Film Office falls under the direction of Tourism Bruges. Its aim is to promote and support the image of Bruges as a destination for culture and tourism by supporting audio-visual projects in the city.
The City Film Office Bruges can help with:
- Obtaining a film permit
- Finding a film location
- Establishing contacts with local partners
- Smooth coordination between different municipal departments
- Logistical support where possible
There is a reporting requirement if your production has no impact on the public road, i.e. if filming uses a handheld camera only without further implications for the public road. It is sufficient to complete the notification form before the start of the filming period.
You will need a filming permit if your production requires the use of public road (e.g. for installing lights, generators, cables, decor, technical vehicles etc.) or if you have specific requests, such as keeping car parks clear, using municipal buildings, holding up traffic, using drones, etc.
Please send us the completed application form at least 30 days before the actual shooting in order to ensure timely processing of your request.
New European drone regulations have come into force since 31.12.2020.
A permit is required for each use of the public domain. This means that a permit from the City of Bruges is required for drones taking off and landing on the public domain.
- You can apply for a permit for non-movie related flights by sending your application to email@example.com.
- For a drone flight within the framework of a film production or a programme about tourism, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current safety and privacy regulations remain applicable.
- The approval of the harbour captain (MBZ) is required for filming in the harbour area. The application form for the deployment of RPAS/drones can be found here.
In the event of doubt, please contact the city film office:
050 44 46 70
The City Film Office Bruges is a member of the Association of Film Commissioners International (www.afci.org).