A variety of shops
As a top shopping destination, Bruges has some real treasures on offer and is increasingly recognised as a hub for cool, creative entrepreneurs. As well as the established favourites and big names, there are lots of trendy, must-see shops, exclusive boutiques and hidden gems which are sure to excite serious shopping fans. Each neighbourhood has its own unique atmosphere and each street its own identity!
- You’ll find lots of familiar names on Steenstraat, Zuidzandstraat, Geldmuntstraat and Noordzandstraat, with a selection of local traders and big chains in grand old buildings.
- Don’t forget to wander down some side streets, too! The Zilverpand shopping centre is tucked away between Noordzandstraat and Zuidzandstraat. This is a great spot for some brunch or lunch and you can shop for those essentials.
- If you’re a fan of retro, head for Langestraat and Hoogstraat. With their many trendy creative startups, vintage deco stores and folksy food and drink joints these streets are paradise for hipster guys and rockabilly girls. The street is aiming to be the most colourful street in the city, with plenty of greenery and painted facades.
- If you are looking for unique shops for women, men, interiors or jewellery, look no further than Sint-Jakobsstraat and Ezelstraat.
- Smedenstraat is the tastiest street in Bruges, with numerous gastronomic destinations.